Thursday, July 9, 2009

50th anniversary


This next week, July 11 thru July 18 our family will be celebrating my and Bev’s 50th wedding anniversary, and my 50th year as a pastor. Our immediate family, hopefully all 21 of us, will gather at two summer homes on the west side of Michigan, on Lake Michigan. Its hard to realize that 50 years have past. All those memories well up within us all. Those 50 years as a husband, a father, a grandfather, and a Lutheran clergyman have been packed with powerful blessings. Boy, could I tell you some fascinating stories about people, places, and events that have been such a part of my life. Yes, time marches on - the body wont let me do all I’d like to do - but I will not give up the vision for today and into the future. Thnaks everyone for making us a part of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment