Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Pastor’s Comment - “Pumpkin Prayers”


"Pastor’s Comment - “Pumpkin Prayers”

After Liz Curtis Higgs wrote the popular children’s book "The Pumpkin Patch Parable", people began using her analogies to say a prayer while carving their Halloween pumpkins.


Thought you might find this helpful -

* While cutting off the top of the pumpkin, pray “Lord, open my mind so I can learn new things about you.” (Proverbs 1:7)

* While removing the seeds and pulp, pray, “Remove the things in my life that don’t please you. Forgive the wrong things I do, and help me forgive others. (Matthew 6:14-15)

* While making eyes, pray, “Open my eyes to see the beauty you’ve made in the world around me.” (Psalm 104:24)

* While making the nose, pray, “I’m sorry for the times I’ve turned up my nose at your many gifts. (James 1:17)

* While making the mouth, pray, “Let everything I say please you.” (Psalm 19:14)

* While lighting the candle, pray, “Lord, help me show your light to others through the things I do.” (Matthew 5:16)

After carving your pumpkins, display them as examples of how God’s love transforms us into new creations. (2 Corinthians 5:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment